I will leave my previous review of TollFreeMAX intact for anyone interested in it.
A recent user of TollFreeMAX emailed us today to let us know that cancelling their plan with TollFreeMAX was very difficult and that there WAS a fee required to cancel! Here is what he had to say:
“The agreement you initially agree to does not contain cancellation fee, but when you cancel they refer you to another link to an agreement that does contain the cancellation fee. The agreement also states they only need an email to cancel, but in fact they require a complicated cancellation process using fax. If you don't follow their cancellation process, they will spam you each day, indefinitely.”
I researched the issue and confirmed that TollFreeMax requires you to complete a form and fax it to the company to cancel the account. On that sheet is a statement that there is a $25 fee for cancelling if you've had the account for less than 12 months. You can find a copy of that form here.
I'm not impressed by this practice and would encourage you to look at a different company unless you have found a compelling reason to stick with TollFreeMax. I highly recommend that you take a look at either RingCentral or GotVMail.
TollFreeMax plans are solid, offering useful features and included minutes at reasonable prices. TollFreeMax seemed to offer fewer features in comparison to their competitors so we called their sales department and found out that they did offer more of the standard features than they list on their website: Call Transfers, Schedule Enabled, group voice messaging, Number Transfer, True 800 are all part of their features.
- You can customize messages to give different greeting based on the time of day
- Reasonably priced
- $25 Vanity price is one of the lowest around.
- They don’t offer as many features as some of their competitors.
- Not all features are included in every plan, you must call to see what is included and which options would be additional.
Things to be aware of with TollFreeMax
- While they don't have a true dial by name directory, they do offer a similar solution.
- Some features are not included in the package and require an additional fee. This information isn't currently available on the website so PLEASE CALL to make sure all the features you want are included in the plan you choose!!!!
TollFreeMax Special Features
- You can change the main greeting to reflect the time of day that the customer is calling
TollFreeMax Contract Length
- Month to Month – $25 fee to cancel if you have been a subscriber for less than 1 year.