How to Setup an 800 or Toll-Free Number
Owning a toll-free 800 number is easier and cheaper than you think. Did you know that....
- Toll-Free numbers can integrate with your existing phone lines
- Allow you to route calls anywhere in the world
- Can provide you with Voicemail and Internet Fax Service
- Require no equipment
- Cost as little as $4.95 per month
- Have per minute rates as cheap as 2.9¢
- Can be created and working within minutes
I will walk you through the entire process and even give you a list of toll-free companies to choose from. If you're unsure of any terms I use on the site, you can check out the glossary or email me for additional help!
The steps for setting up a toll-free number are...
- Determine your Toll-Free and Virtual PBX Needs
- Research Toll-Free Virtual PBX Providers
- Purchase the Toll-Free Plan
Before we begin finding you the perfect toll-free plan I want to give you a little background on the toll-free landscape so you'll know what we're working towards.
First, this site is provided to help people find out more about toll-free plans, how they work and which are the best companies for your specific needs. I do not own a toll-free phone company and all the information on this website is provided to you at no cost. The reviews of all toll-free companies have been completed by me and have not been influenced by any outside sources. You get my honest opinion!
Second, I cannot review all toll-free plans; HOWEVER, I have reviewed all of the MAJOR companies in the field. I personally believe that the companies I have reviewed can meet just about any need. When I come accross a new company that offers features or options that I believe make them a MAJOR PLAYER I will add them to the review.
I've helped hundreds of people find a toll-free plan and hope I can do the same for you. If you don't find the information you're looking for on the website, please let me know so I can get you what you need!
There are dozens of toll-free service providers out there offering many different services at varying rates. THE VAST MAJORITY of them integrate directly with your existing telephone or cell phone service, providing a convenient and seamless phoning experience. Almost all of them are considered Hosted PBX systems and have services to match almost every need. To find out more about hosted or virtual PBX, please go here for a detailed explanation.
When we've completed the process you will have a toll-free plan that meets your needs and budget, and you won't have to wonder if there is a better plan out there because I review them all for you.
Let's Get Started!
Step One - Determine Your Needs
This will be the easiest of the four steps and chances are, you've already completed it! Why do you need a toll-free number? Are you....
- A small business owner looking to make it easy for customers to contact you?
- A parent looking for a toll-free number so your kids can contact you easily?
- A call center looking for a way to manage incoming service or order calls?
- A business hoping to provide a professional call experience for your customers?
- An individual looking for an easy way for friends to get in touch with you?
Your toll-free needs will dictate which plans will work for you. I've provided a checklist below that you can use and have a PDF version you can print up to help you in the process. Not sure of term? Check out the glossary!
Don't want to use the checklist? - Go to step two!
|1 Leg Charges|
|Dedicated Toll Free|
|Access by Phone|
|Personal Hold Message|
|Random Hold Music|
|Non-Blockable Caller ID|
|Phone Type Announce|
|Cardless Calling Card|
|Fax On Demand|
|Voice On Demand|
|Dial by name|
|Dial by extension|
|Group Voice Messaging|
|Transfer existing # Fee|
Step Two - Research Providers
Now that you know what features you need, you're ready to find a provider that will meet your needs.
Each company is reviewed and outlined by features in the matrix above. You can use the matrix to help locate those companies that will meet your needs. If you have any trouble email me.
You can review all toll-free plans if you would like, I've also put together groups of the most popular plans based on need.
- The best Toll Free Plans for Call Centers
- The best Toll Free Plans for a SOHO or Virtual Office
- The best Toll Free Plans for Medium and Large Companies
- The best Toll Free Plans for Individuals
- The Simplest Toll Free Plans
- The Least Expensive Toll Free Plans
Step Three - Purchase a Plan!
Once you find a plan you're interested in, simply follow the links to the website of your choice and purchase a plan!
In many cases I have also included links to coupons that will save you money.
For most toll-free PBX plans you will be up and running within minutes!